- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Does my travel insurance cover medical costs upfront or do I have to pay and claim later?
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
Who pays depends on what’s happened!
If it’s an emergency situation where hospital admission and/or medical evacuation is required, the insurer covers these costs upfront (provided the incident is covered as per the policy wording, of course).
You or someone with you would need to contact your relevant emergency assistance team immediately so they are aware and can help you.
If it's not an emergency and the costs are not excessive eg you see the doctor at the local medical centre, then you would pay upfront and make a claim online once all treatment is complete.