- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
What is the Ask a Nomad App?
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
Ask A Nomad is a FREE Q&A app for travellers to get answers from locals who know.
It is a place to ask your own travel questions or help others by sharing insights and local advice from your trips.
It works by recommending questions in real-time to other members who are nearby or have knowledge of a place and likely to know about the topic of interest.
While on the road, the Ask a Nomad iPad App* will carry your travel questions & answers with you, even when offline.
Got a question?
- Ask your own travel questions - quickly and easily
- Get fresh answers from real travellers and locals who know
- Real-time notifications when someone writes an answer
Researching your trip?
- Browse thousands of questions already answered
- Search for information by destination, topic or people
- All content is Geo-tagged with a city, region and country - so you can pinpoint and search for answers in specific locations
- Browse everything! Only set up an account to post something or create a list of favorites
- In-app web browser allows you to view web links without leaving the app
Take it on the road with you!
- Find info about places nearby, based on your GPS location
- Ask a question even when you are offline on that bumpy bus trip - it uploads next time you have a connection
- Your own questions, answers and favorites list are ALWAYS available, even without internet access - just like your own personal guidebook.
- In case you're not traveling with your iPad, you can still access all your Q&A online at answers.worldnomads.com
Just come home from a trip?
- Share your own travel knowledge and help other travelers… go on, it's good karma
If you don't have an iPad, you can Ask A Nomad on the World Nomads website. However you connect, Ask A Nomad community will have an answer for you travel question.
* Please note that this app is only avaliable to download on your ipad only and not on other devices.