- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
What are the language guide apps?
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
We all know how hard it can be to get even the basics right when travelling, so we created the World Nomads iPhone language guide apps to help you!
These apps contain all the essential phrases to keep you travelling safely and our basic guides are free! We also have four PLUS guides with over 500 phrases available for just AUD$1.99 from the Apple iTunes store.
We started with 10 guides in 2006 and had such a great response, we produced another 15 to make it easier to connect when travelling.
We have a series of basic guides with the core phrases you'll need, plus you can follow our intrepid Nomad through a language lesson as he stumbles and learns his way through a real interaction with a local. You can click on any of the links below to read more about each app before downloading.
If there's a language that we haven't created, feel free to drop us a line and let us know!
World Nomads Language Guides
- Spanish Guide (free as well as access to our PLUS premium guide)
- Swahili Guide (free as well as access to our PLUS premium guide)
- Croatian Guide (free as well as access to our PLUS premium guide)
- Korean Guide (free as well as access to our PLUS premium guide)
- Cambodian (Khmer) Guide (free)
- Aussie Guide (free - and yes, we have our own language!..sort of)
- Nepali Guide (free)
- Dutch Guide (free)
- Greek Guide (free)
- Swedish Guide (free)
- German Guide (free)
- Turkish Guide (free)
- Russian Guide (free)
- Portuguese Guide (free)
- Malay Guide (free)
- Arabic Guide (free)
- Lao Guide (free)
- Hindi Guide (free)
- Thai Guide (free)
- Indonesian (Bahasa) Guide (free)
- Mandarin Guide (free)
- Italian Guide (free)
- Japanese Guide (free)
- Vietnamese Guide (free)
- French Guide (free)