- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Travel Insurance scenario: I need a hospital or doctor
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
If you need to get to hospital or see a doctor for a sudden and serious illness or after being injured in an accident, then call the emergency assistance team and they can direct you to the nearest, most suitable medical facility.
If required, the assistance team can sort out your admission to hospital, arrange emergency transport and talk directly with your treating doctor about your condition. Where cover is confirmed, they will also arrange, through your insurer, for your bills to be paid direct.
If you've been taken to hospital already, have received medical treatment or need emergency transportation, then you (or someone else) must contact the emergency assistance team as soon as reasonable. If you don't let them know, your cover may be affected. If you've paid the bills already, you can make a claim online through your membership page.
Remember, travel insurance is made for emergency medical and dental treatment overseas for unexpected and serious illnesses or injuries, not general check ups. Please check your policy wording/description of coverage carefully for full details on what's covered and not covered if you're expecting your insurer to pay for your medical bills. You'll find these documents stored in your World Nomads membership.