- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Extending & buying more travel insurance cover
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
If you decide to travel longer, we can help keep you covered!
Your policy may be extended up to a maximum 12 months. You can also buy a new policy while travelling if your policy has expired.
How to extend your trip and cover
Simply sign into your World Nomads membership, select your current policy and follow the links to extend.
You can extend your policy online as soon as your policy starts up until 1pm UTC/GMT on the end date shown on your Certificate of Insurance.
Your policy will be extended for the duration you choose (from 2 days up to 12 months) and your policy certificate will be re-issued and saved in your membership, so check this carefully.
What’s not covered when you extend
Any illness or injury which has come into existence, or has shown symptoms, has been diagnosed in the previous insurance period(s) or are treated for during the insurance period shall not be covered in the extended insurance period.
You should read the Policy Wording carefully or ask us to understand how this exclusion may affect you if you extend your trip.
When you can’t extend your policy
You won’t be able to extend your policy if your policy hasn’t started, if it’s already expired, if you’re 66 years old (or older) or if the policy/product you bought is no longer available.