- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
World Nomads: Making changes to your travel insurance policy
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
You can sign in to your World Nomads membership to make certain changes to your policy.
Before the policy starts:
- Change the start date. You can change the start of the policy to any day, except today’s date or a date in the past..
- Cancel your policy. We’ll give you a full refund if you cancel your policy within the 14 day cooling off period and you promise you won’t use the policy in any way.
After the policy starts:
- Buy more cover to extend your trip. You can extend anytime after the policy starts up until 11.59pm Australian Eastern time on your policy end date.
- Change your address (as long as you’re still living in the same country of residence). Got to “edit my profile” after you sign in to your membership. If you change your country of residence, you need to create a new membership.
- View/print your Certificate of Insurance. We‘ll always store this in your membership, so we don’t clog up your inbox with paperwork.
Things you can’t change:
- End date of your policy. We’re sorry, but it’s not possible to get a refund after the cooling off period or after you leave home if you decide to end your trip early.
- Upgrading your policy mid trip: Sorry, it’s not possible to change the cover you have during your trip.
If you’ve made any other mistake on your Certificate of Insurance (e.g. date of birth, name changes) or you’ve generally got issues, please contact us and we’ll try to fix it for you.