World Nomads: Making changes to your travel insurance policy
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
If your travel plan changes, your insurance plan may be able to change with you.
As our underwriter recently changed, please select from the below:
For policies purchased after 02 December 2018
You can update certain things yourself through your World Nomads membership. Your Certificate of Insurance lives here too. If you can’t change what you need to, or if you’ve generally got issues, please get in touch.
Before your policy starts
If you’ve bought a policy but haven’t yet started the trip, you can make certain changes.
Changed your mind? There’s a cooling-off period of 14 days, when you can cancel the policy altogether and get a full refund, as long as the policy hasn’t commenced, you haven’t yet departed and aren’t making a claim. You can do this yourself through your online membership
New departure date? You can change the start of the policy period to any date within a year from the original purchase date. You can do this yourself through your online membership
Made a mistake? You can add high-value specified items up until your policy’s start date and update some traveler details through your online membership.
If you need to change anything else, please contact us.
While you’re away
Want to keep travelling? We can relate! You can extend your policy through your online membership. Please see our helpdesk article on extending your policy for more information and keep in mind a 72-hour waiting period may apply. Or if your policy has ended you can buy a new one mid-trip.
What can’t change
Sorry, there are a couple of things that are fixed at the time you buy.
We can’t refund the unused portion of insurance if you go home early.
It’s not possible to change the level of cover once the policy has been purchased. You can always take out a new policy from scratch though.
This is only a summary of cover and does not include the full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the policy. You should read your policy wording in full so you understand what is and isn’t covered. That way there won’t be any surprises if you need to use it. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
For policies purchased before 2 December 2018
You can sign in to your World Nomads membership to make certain changes to your policy.
Before the policy starts:
- Change the start date. You can change the start of the policy to any day, except today’s date or a date in the past.
- Cancel your policy. We’ll give you a full refund if you cancel your policy within the 14 day refund period and you promise you won’t use the policy in any way.If the insurance has entered into force before the withdrawal, you will be charged premium for the time you have been covered. We will refund the difference between the premium that would be payable for the shorter period of cover and the premium paid.
- If you want to withdraw the insurance we must be notified by letter or email.
Things you can’t change:
- View/print your Certificate of Insurance. We always store this in your membership, so it’s easy to access whenever you need it.
- End date of your policy. We’re sorry, but it’s not possible to extend you policy. If you want to extend your trip, you can buy more cover online by purchasing a new policy .
- Upgrading your policy mid trip. Sorry, it’s not possible to change the cover you have during your trip.
- Moved? Let us know your new address and phone numbers etc. and we can update this for you.
If you’ve made any other mistake on your Certificate of Insurance (e.g. date of birth, name changes) or you’ve generally got issues, please contact the team and we’ll try to fix it for you.