- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Can I buy a travel insurance policy if I'm already overseas?
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
Yes, you can buy a World Nomads policy when already overseas.
You can be travelling anywhere in the world and still buy a policy. You don't have to be at home or within your country of residence to buy this travel insurance.
If you buy while away from home, there is a 3 day waiting period (72 hours) from the time you buy the policy until cover starts. There’s cover during this waiting period for an acute serious illness or an acute serious injury as a result of an accident. All other cover begins after 3 days/72 hours or on the commencement date of the policy, whatever is latest.
You can also keep buying more cover while away from home to extend your trip by signing into your World Nomads membership as long as you extend it before the policy end date (before midnight Australian Eastern time) and the same product is available.
You should read the policy wording for full details on your eligibility to buy a policy, including Section 2 and Section 16 of the policy wording full details on when cover starts and ends.