- Simple & flexible travel insurance for your next adventure.
- Insights to help you navigate the risks & find the safer path.
- Opportunities to travel & create.
- Tap into the knowledge of other travellers or share your expertise.
- Discover how travellers have helped change peoples lives.
- Travel stories to excite, inspire and share.
- Everything you need to know. We're here to help.
Travel Insurance: What is my country of residence?
This information is for residents of Helpdesk Global only.
Your country of permanent residence is the country where you have your permanent home or principal establishment and to where, whenever you are absent, you intend to return.
This is the country you may be repatriated back to if you are unfit to continue your trip or if you require long term medical care after a medical emergency while travelling.
Your policy can’t cover any expenses incurred within your country of permanent residence.
Each policy has specific conditions or definitions of residence depending on the country you live in, so do read the policy wording carefully to see if you’re eligible to buy it.
Also, if you are travelling with people from different countries of residence, they will have to buy separate policies to cover their country of residence, which may have different terms and conditions of cover.